What are you most grateful for this year? What brought you the most joy? What changed your life? Just as I think it’s important to reflect on the small things that you are grateful for each and every day, I think it’s also important to reflect on some of the bigger things that you are grateful for from the past year.
Here are some of the things on my list this year (in no particular order):
1. Quality time with my mum during the last few months of her life – since she was sick, we went to visit her more frequently than we would have ordinarily. And she got lots of Allie snuggles 🥰
2. Endless support from my amazing friends and family when we were going through a hard time 👭👭👭 – this blew my mind. From babysitting to groceries and prepared meals dropped off at my door- I couldn’t have made it through he last 4 months without you amazing people!
3. Our new home 🏡 I’m so grateful to have space! And a beautiful washer and dryer… and a regular sized oven, and a backyard, and a fireplace 🔥, and the most beautiful hardwood floors you’ve ever seen 😍
4. A healthy baby on the way 👶🏼! This was such a blessing, especially this summer when I was living at the hospital for 2 weeks. Knowing I was carrying a baby forced me to keep eating, sleeping (sort of) and trying to stay calm.
5. My hilarious, good natured (for the most part) daughter 👧🏼 who brings me joy every single day, and who just taught us about saying grace before meals (something they do at school), which is one of my new favourite gratitude practices 🙏🏻!
6. Good hair product 💁🏼♀️ I know- this seems a little less important, but when you search your whole life for a product that works with your untamed curly hair, that allows you to style once and it lasts for days, and that is just 👏🏻 so 👏🏻 easy 👏🏻, you have to give it a shoutout! It’s @lorealpro Wild Stylers 60’s Babe in case anyone is wondering! (And thank you to my lovely aunt who brought me 3 more bottles this weekend!)
7. My husband 😍 who did the majority of the manual labour when we cleared out my mum’s house and when we moved to our new house. And who dropped everything to get the next flight from Halifax to London when things got bad. And who let me cry when I needed to and who took night shifts at the hospital, and who forced me to eat and sleep and who loved me unconditionally.
8. The Heart Project – this blog has given me something to focus on and allowed me to channel my energy toward something positive, and helped me to heal.
9. Our trip to Hawaii 🌴🌸☀️🌊 which was one of my favourite vacations ever!
10. No more long commutes! Since I’m starting maternity leave early, I won’t have to commute 1.5-3 hours (one way) to Waterloo anymore! And we moved closer to Steve’s school so he doesn’t have long commutes either! So we are both feeling so much less stressed and thankful for more time together and with Allie 👨👩👧❤️😍
What are some of the things on your top ten list this year? Let me know in the comments below!
With love and gratitude,